Sagamore Middle School
Faculty Resources - Technology Tools
Prior resources that were under Faculty are now updated and integrated in this page.
- KeepVid - Download and save videos directly from Youtube, Google, Metacafe, Putfile and more. Simply copy and paste. Does not work at Sachem -use from home and save on a flash drive.
- SafeShare - removes distracting and offensive elements around YouTube videos, but it also allows you to crop videos before sharing them.
- Safevid - download videos from Youtube, Google Videos, Metacafe and more in FLV, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV formats.
- TeacherTube - educator and student friendly site for sharing the best content for your class.
- TubeChop - allows you to take a specific part of a YouTube video and create a new link with just your edited segment.
- Video Grabber - similar to KeepVid, and other video converter/download sites.
YouTube Teachers -
includes over 700,000 high quality educational videos from over 800 channels.
- Zamzar -
A free site that converts many types of files without downloading any
software. When the file is converted, it is sent to your e-mail as a
link. This does not work with YouTube videos.
Web 2.0 Tools
- All About Web 2.0 Tools - creating,
collaborating, editing and sharing user-generated content online. It's
also about ease of use. There's no need to download, and teachers and
students can master many of these tools in minutes.
- Animoto - create free 30-second videos using your own photos, images, add backgrounds and music. Educator's account available as well.
- Dropbox - A free
cloud-based service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos
anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- Easel.ly -
Easel.ly is a website that features thousands of free infographic
templates and design objects which users can customize to create and
share their visual ideas online. Using the site is as easy as dragging
and dropping design elements, and users can either choose a template
from our extensive library, or they can upload their own background
image and start from scratch. FREE.
- Edmodo -
Edmodo provides teachers and students a secure place to connect and
collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access
homework, grades, class discussions and notifications. It's like
Facebook for educators - you can also create a group for teachers and
share files, documents, websites, and more! Free registration.
- Prezi - A cloud-based presentation software that steps it up from PowerPoint. Free for educators.
- Generate word clouds through Wordle or an interactive glog (graphic log) at Glogster.
- Tellagami -
a free app at the iTunes store this will create extremely easy
30-second videos to use as an introduction, a quick explanation,
directions, and so on. Check out the Library homepage for an example.