Sachem High School East
The mission of the Sachem East Music Department is to promote excellence in music by creating meaningful cultural experiences through performance, understanding, and appreciation of the art of music, while encouraging personal enrichment of the student's mind and spirit in a supportive and challenging environment.
1. To encourage our music students to achieve personal excellence through the Sachem East Mission Statement Principles of respect, recognition, responsibility, opportunity, belonging, and security.
2. To provide our students opportunities for cultural and aesthetic experiences through active participation in music which will enhance their understanding and appreciation of music.
3. To cultivate musical literacy while developing intuition, reasoning, imagination, dexterity, and stimulating natural creativity.
4. To increase musical expression and communication while developing an understanding within students of the value and inspiration that music provides in supporting cultural and societal unity.
5. To enhance the social skills of collaboration and unity by working on a team while respecting the different ways others think, work, and express themselves.
6. To understand how to make decisions in situations of a more subjective nature.
7. To develop the students' attitudes, characteristics, and intellectual skills required to participate effectively in today's society and economy by developing self-discipline, self-esteem, thinking skills, creativity, teamwork, and cooperation.
Chairperson’s Statement and Contact Information:
Chairperson: Ms. M. Ayasse
"The Sachem Music Department strives to offer it's students the most comprehensive and stimulating program possible through our numerous fine ensembles and theory courses."
Please feel free to reach me via phone at (631) 471-1464 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click teacher name for teacher's website.
Ms. M. Ayasse
Mrs. D. Downs
Chamber Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra, Concert Orchestra, String Lessons
After School: Sachem East String Ensemble, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Musical Pit Director
Mr. G. Macchio Jr.
Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Sachem East Jazz Ensemble & Sachem East Music Council
Ms. M. Murphy
Symphonic Choir, Treble Choir, Concert Choir, Vocal Lessons
After School: Iconic Choir
*Click teacher name for teacher's website