Sachem High School East
The science department strives to provide the very best in science education for our students by employing state of the art equipment, techniques and methods. We will maintain rigorous academic standards for our students in the core courses as well as in our wide variety of electives.
We believe the understanding of scientific concepts is an essential part of functioning in our modern society and should be nurtured in all children so they can become responsible, informed, and contributing adults in the community.
Welcome to the Sachem High School East Science Department. Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with our department‘s information. You will find that we are one of the largest departments at Sachem East, a dynamic group of individuals from various scientific backgrounds with one thing in common, we love to teach science!
In order to meet the academic needs of all our students, we offer core courses in Honors and Regents levels in the Living Environment and the Physical Setting: Earth Science, Chemistry and Physics. In addition, we offer a number of rigorous AP courses including Chemistry, Biology, Physics B, Physics C, and Environmental Science. We are also proud to offer other electives, including Genetics, Astronomy, Marine Biology, Ecology and Forensics. Our Research program is becoming one of the premier programs on Long Island and is available to all students. In past years we were proud to have Siemens’ Westinghouse finalists and Intel semifinalists.
Our department members are very involved in the Sachem High School community both in science and other activities. Our staff includes varsity coaches, class advisors, and several club advisors.We pride ourselves in constantly updating our knowledge by attending conferences and courses related to our subject areas. We are fortunate to have at our disposal first class teaching accommodations and equipment. Rest assured that your children are our number one priority and teaching them science is our passion.
Ms. C. Plantier
*Click teacher name for teacher's website.
- Mr. Brink - AP Biology, Living Environment, Forensics, Anatomy
- Mr. Capolino - Earth Science and Astronomy
- Mr. Castagna - Chemistry
- Mr. Coffey - AB1 Physics
- Mr. Crisci – Earth Science - Ecology, AP Environment
- Mr. Egbert - Living Environment and Ecology
- Mr. Gearns - AP C Physics
- Ms. Gustavsen
- Mr. Holden - AP Chemistry, Chemistry
- Mrs. Kevins
- Mr. Lemke - Marine Studies
- Ms. Lorna
- Mrs. Lohr – Chemistry
- Ms. Lubliner - Living Environment, Ecology
- Ms. Morrissey - Earth Science, Astronomy
- Mr. O'Hara – Ecology
- Ms. Plantier- Living Environment
- Mr. Sloane - Chemistry, Forensics
- Mr. Stallone - Living Environment, Anatomy, Physiology
- Mrs. Stanley - Physics
- Ms. Stein - Chemistry, Forensics
- Mr. Stephens - Earth Science, Astronomy
- Mrs. Swinkin - Earth Science, Ecology
- Ms. Thompson – Astronomy
- Mr. Toto – Earth Science and Ecology
- Dr. Vaccariello - Science Research
- Mr. Walters - Chemistry, Forensics
- Dr. Wefer - Genetics, AP Biology, Living Environment
Special Science Extra Help is offered each day during 9th period in rooms B121 and B223.
RegentsPrep.Org - Tutorials & Practice Questions
New York State Regents - Actual Regents Exams, Answers and Scoring Sheet
AP Central www.apcentral.collegeboard.com
New York State Regents Exams www.nysedregents.org/testing/hsregents.html