Sachem North High School
Procedures For Processing Transcript Request Forms
1. Students will be responsible for mailing each application and payment directly to the college. Students must then complete a transcript request form for each college they are applying to and give the completed form to a Guidance secretary during the times listed below. Students should come to the Guidance Office during their lunch or free period. Please DO NOT leave your transcript request forms on a secretary's desk or in your counselor's mailbox.
NOTE: Transcript Request Forms must be signed by BOTH the student and parent/guardian in order to be accepted by the Guidance Department.
Hours for submitting Transcript Request Forms: 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2. Test Scores: Students are responsible for submitting their SAT/ACT scores directly from the testing agency. For the SATs, this may be requested at www.collegeboard.org. For the ACTs, this may be requested at www.actstudent.org. Please allow ample time (up to a few weeks prior to your deadline) for your scores to be received by the college. There is a fee for sending your scores. Both the College Board and the ACT allow students to send scores to four colleges for free, but these schools must be added to your registration by a deadline (usually no later than a few days after the test administration). Note: College Board will send all prior scores, unless you opt for Score Select. ACT will only send the single test administration. Prior scores for the ACT must be reported separately. See your counselor if you have questions regarding how to report your scores.
3. Mid-Year Grade Forms and/or Secondary School Report Forms: If your college requires a mid-year and/or secondary (counselor) school report, the student must complete the top portion of the form, check off the appropriate line on the transcript request form, and hand in the form(s) when turning in the original transcript request form. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of and to hand in ALL of the required forms with the transcript request for the counselor and Guidance Department to process.
4. Letters of Recommendation: If the school(s) to which you are applying require letters of recommendation, check off on the transcript request form the recommendations you would like to have sent (ie. counselor, teacher, etc.). Indicate the name of each teacher whose recommendation you wish to be mailed. Please be aware that the Guidance Office must have that teacher's letter on file in order for it to be mailed. Make sure you check with your teacher(s) to make sure their letter has been submitted to Guidance. If the school requires a teacher report form to accompany the teacher letter of recommendation, fill out the top part of the form and give it to the teacher. Check with the teacher to make sure they have returned the form with their accompanying letter to the Guidance Office. Check each application to determine how many letters of recommendation are required by the college. Do not request more letters to be sent than the college requires, unless the college indicates that this is acceptable.
5. Students: Please be aware that it may take up to ten (10) school days to process each Transcript Request Form you are handing in.
6. Deadlines: Students must be aware of their college deadlines and hand in the transcript request forms at least ten (10) school days prior to the deadline to ensure that the materials will be received by the college in a timely fashion.
7. Upon handing in each transcript request form, students will receive back the pink copy of the transcript request form with a date stamped as to when the form was handed in to Guidance. Students are urged to keep the pink form as their proof of handing in the original transcript request forms.
8. SUNY Applications: Students who are applying to a SUNY college via a paper application must bring in their application prior to mailing so that their counselor can sign off on the "School Counselor/College Advisor" section of the application. The student is then responsible for mailing the completed SUNY application directly to the SUNY Application Processing Center. Students who apply online to a SUNY college using the SUNY Application must print out the SUNY transmittal form, complete the top portion, and submit the form with their transcript request. Transcripts, test scores, recommendation letters, etc. will be mailed directly to the individual SUNY campus the student is applying to upon receipt of the transcript request form.