Sagamore Middle School
Manners Matter - Practicing Good Manners Will Make a Difference!
- Stay to the right! . . . Whether walking in the halls or making a decision, always remember to stay to the RIGHT.
- Be polite!...Words like please, thank you, and excuse me and practicing good listening techniques and patience are all good habits to develop.
- Keep it clean!...The building and cafeteria were clean when you got here, please pick up after yourselves.
- Lock it, don’t lose it!...If it is valuable or irreplaceable, please do not bring it to school.
- Watch your website . . . We urge you to keep your websites clean (i.e., Instagram, blogs, Snap-Chat, etc.) Problems that begin in cyberspace but disrupt our learning environment will be punishable by appropriate detention and/or suspension. These will become part of your permanent discipline record.
- Dress for success!... Any clothing that is too revealing or distasteful in any way is not acceptable. Please remember it is not the beach or a party. School is where you go to learn.
- Nothing but nice!...Criticisms and comments do not have to be nasty. If your comments or criticisms are not constructive, please keep them to yourself until you have figured out a way to say them in a positive way.
- Enhance your transcript every day!...Your transcript is a reflection of your ability and work ethic. Please work hard to get good grades!!
- Attendance counts...Attendance is a reflection of your work ethic!
- Hug your parents!...Be sure to speak to the adults in your life who are there to support you, whether it is a parent, grandparent, teacher, friend or neighbor.
Opening Day 2016 Information
for Parents and Students:
Form A - Welcome Letter
Form B - Student/Parent Handbook
Form C - Sachem Board of Education Code of Conduct Policy
Form D - Handbook/Code of Conduct Acknowledgement (Signatures Required)
Form E - Student Image Use Permission (Signatures Required)
Form F - Internet/Computer Acceptable Use Policy